Thursday, May 13, 2010

it's gonna rain...let's go to the beach!


This whole week has been rainy, so the first glimpse of sunshine inspired me, sarah, and meryl to go to the beach. Unfortunately, it took roughly 20 minutes for looming thunder clouds to roll in after we made our plans. Whatevs!

hello, beach!

before...

after!

We packed the car with bubble wands, sweatshirts, music, and good snacks. I made homemade vegan focaccia from colleen patrick-goudreau's the joy of vegan baking. I put a lot of rosemary and diced sun dried tomatoes in it, which gave it a little pizza flavor. I think next time I will bake it on a wider, flatter surface so that it's more like a flat bread rather than a hefty wheel of bread. The hummus turned out amazing. I soaked chickpeas for a whole day and then simmered them in a crockpot for about the same amount of time. Maybe you can do this in a more speedy process, but I don't mind going slow. I whirled the chickpeas in my food processor and added tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, olive oil, and water. It turned out really really yummy and it made a ton!



goodbye, beach!

0 comments: