Monday, March 21, 2011

Vacay!

I flew down to Atlanta to visit Adrienne & Nate for a few days to get out of grey Chicago and enjoy the sunny south with some sunny friends. So, I got up at 4:00 am, ran to the bus, got on the el, got on the plane, sat next to a lady reading a book written by Russell Simmons on how to get rich, and hopped into a car with beautiful Adrienne blaring Best Coast.
I WAS STARVING.
But Adrienne is awesome and she took me straight to the ORIGINAL Soul Veg on the south side of Atlanta. I went BALLISTIC.
LOOK AT THAT. QUICHE. CORNBREAD. MAC. YAMS.


After Soul Veg, hugging cats was on the agenda.

Baby Rar
And Baby Perl.
Livin' in their baby world.
Singin' all their baby songs.
About noooooooobody.
And nooooooothing.

We also went to a gallery opening where Adrienne's friend, Aubrey, had his amazing embroidery work exhibited.

I finally finished my super secret sewing project! A "Welcome" garland for Nate & Adrienne's new home! There are two panels for the cats - Baby Perl (the timid cat) & Baby Rar (the mean cat), a Ru Paul "W", a mushroom "E", a hand "L", a cupcake "C", a donut "O", a bling monster "M", and a button "E". It took a lot of love, time, work, and felt to complete this project. Please click on the picture to see the enlarged picture and all the detail I included! I'll make you one for $$$...seriously.

Adrienne and I went to The Center for Puppetry Arts. We saw a puppet show called, "The Body Detective" and made skull puppets with the children. I got to see puppets that were in the Labyrinth and saw a display on the show Dinosaurs (that show was legendary!). Ah! That place was so amazing and if you're ever in Atlanta, you have to go!

I HAD to go get some vegan sweets while I was in Atlanta, so Adrienne & Nate took me to Southern Sweets. Their strawberry shortcake cake and chocolate raspberry mousse cake were out of this world.
I love my friends.

0 comments: