Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Time Eats

I haven't been eating too regularly since I've moved to Chicago mostly because I haven't instituted a routine quite yet. I was sick of not eating enough good food and decided to cook up a storm of summer eats yesterday. I decided to use the ginormous bag of flour I bought the other day to make two loaves of basic white bread. I used a recipe out of "The Neal Yard Bakery Wholefood Cookbook," which has a really cute layout with a vintagey disposition. I thought that the bread would work perfectly with a mock chicken salad, which I made with frozen then thawed tofu, veganaise with grapeseed oil, honey dijon mustard, bread and butter pickles, red onion, dill, salt, and pepper. I also made some garlic hummus to eat with the chicken salad and bread. I thought I would finish the meal off with a berry mousse, which was made with frozen blueberries, fresh raspberries, sugar, silken tofu, and vanilla extract. After test running these recipes of mine, I've discovered that they are the perfect food for a picnic. I need to do one of those soon.







0 comments: