Thursday, June 24, 2010

Garfield Park Conservatory


Yesterday I went to the Garfield Park Conservatory because who wouldn't want to look at beautiful flowers and plants from around the world for free? It's one of the largest conservatories in the nation and they have works by Dale Chihuly - awesome Willy Wonka like orange and yellow discs in a small pond with coi fish. I'm also pretty sure that the conservatory copied my method of choosing plants with hellishly cute names.

Exhibit A - "Lollipop"

"Giant Sea Grape"

"Pony Tail Tree"

"Polka Dot Plant"

and a conservatory wouldn't be a conservatory without some "holiday cheer"

I strongly recommend visiting the Garfield Park Conservatory because they put a great amount of effort towards community outreach. If you don't care about community outreach like I do, maybe the labyrinth will appeal to you - how couldn't it?!

0 comments: