Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is for all of you who keep bitchin' at me to update my blog








Ok, I have a lot of ground to cover that doesn't include really old Japanese food: vegan mac & cheese, skip-bo, etch-a-sketch, and college veg pledge...go!

I have just made the best vegan mac and cheese in the world. I got the recipe out of the clear creek co-op's cookbook and it is AMAZING. Seriously, I've been on a quest for over 3 years to find the perfect vegan mac & cheese and I feel like I've found the holy grail. I'm finally satisfied. Because I want others to share in this amazingness with me I will give you the recipe:

3 1/2 c. macaroni
1/2 ebal (cool abbreviation for earth balance coined by adrienne lowe)
1/2 flour
3 1/2 c. boiling water
1 1/2 t. salt
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
pinch o' turmeric
1/4 c. oil
1 c. nutritional yeast
dash paprika

Melt the margarine and mix in flour with whisk. Stir until smooth and bubbly. Add water, salt, soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Let the sauce cook until thick. Add oil and nutritional yeast. Mix sauce with drained noodles and pour in casserole dish. Brown under broiler.

IT'S GOOD.

In other news, I have a new obsession with a rip off game of Uno, called Skip-bo. I must learn how to dominate this game, along with dominating at etch-a-sketch. I will keep you updated.

Also, for all of you looking at how wonderful this vegan food looks and are contemplating the veg lifestyle, you should check out the college veg pledge! Go the platinum route and pledge to be veg for the whole month of May. Considering how much waste and cruelty (this is not a direct link to a gruesome video) that is involved with industrialized agriculture, you should just give it a try! Another plus is that I'm listed as a veg mentor, which means I can answer your questions and become your friend, if we're not friends already!

0 comments: