Friday, July 30, 2010

Pot Pie Pot Pie Chicken Pot Pie!

I cooked a homemade vegan chicken pot pie, which consisted of freshly steamed asparagus, corn boiled and cut off of the cob, boiled potatoes, seitan, a vegan nutritional yeast gravy, fresh chives, and cracked salt and pepper. It was super yummy and the flaky crust made it even yummier. FYI to those who want to make a vegan pot pie - buy pepperidge farms puff pastry - it's really good and it's vegan! Between 1 and 10, I would rate this as a 7 on the difficulty scale. It's not so much hard as it is time consuming, especially if you're going to cook all of the vegetables yourself rather than use canned.


I also made a lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting. I would upload a picture, but the one I have is the wrong type of file. Damn technology! I got the recipe from bake and destory, a chicago-based baking blog. I actually saw the writer by johnny sprockets one day, and i'm not going to lie, I was a tad bit star struck. If I'm going to live up to the bad ass baking reputation I want to gain, I think I'm going to have to get like 5 more cupcake tattoos and sew some more kick ass aprons. But don't you worry, aprons are on their way. I'm planning to amp up my sewing game and house wares are my specialty, so get prepared to read about it on my blog!

I got to go! I'm watching DC Cupcakes on TLC and some lady is chewing out a guy over moldy strawberries. We cupcake lovers are biiitches!

0 comments: